3.27.2010

Dark Hour

I'm experiencing a very dark hour of my life with the recent loss of my sister. She never recovered from her brain surgery in early February and after many setbacks, passed away on the 22nd anniversary of our mother's death - March 25th.

The theme for this week is "looking up." I'm not quite sure how I'm going to get through the rest of my life . . . or even this week . . . without my best friend and confidante. But I do believe that the sun always breaks through the clouds, eventually. And that the more we look toward the light - the less we see the shadows that fall behind us.

So no matter how dark or lonely or painful the next hours, days, weeks or years may be for me - I will continue to "look up."




Theme: Looking Up

6 comments:

  1. Good place to look, always. I love the way this shot looks like winter and summer (to me anyway) at the same time :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful picture, Jinxie! I love the brightness of that one cloud with the darkness of the trees below. Maybe that blue spot in the cloud is Tina sending you a sign. <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pic Jinx...and beautiful expression of your thoughts.
    (((Hugs)))!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (((HUGS))) There really are no words that I can say. Just know that I am thinking of you in your darkest hours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jinx,
    I am so sorry for the loss of your sister. I know how hard it is to lose someone you love so much. Hang in there and keep looking up.
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete