1.08.2012

Getting My Game On

On Sundays, we go "Tech-free" as a family.  No computers, TV, iPods, etc.  Basically anything with a screen is off limits.  I expected the kids to riot, but they love it.  I have the hardest time of anybody.  I admittedly sneak away with my iPod now and again for a quick glimpse of the internet . . . just to make sure it's still there.  But aside from my twitching, it has been a WONDERFUL thing in Jinxieville.  So what to do with the time?

Church, nap, read, nap, talk, nap, play games, nap, explore the yard, nap . . . that kind of thing.

Today we played two of my favourite games:
Bananagrams.  Best.game.evarr.

Rory's Story Cubes.  Truly fun (and hilarious!) for all ages.

I'm not sure if it's because we tend to play it on Sunday, but Chase concludes each of his stories with "Amen" instead of "The End."  So we usually hear something like this:  "...an' then the aliens killed me with a magunet an' then eated a dead fish.  Amen!"

Works for me!  I'd love to hear a sacrament talk that goes like THAT!

3 comments:

  1. What a great family day! I laughed at your statement..."just to make sure it's still there." Sounds like me :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! No TV either?! We're football people we'd have a hard time with that. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope, no TV either. I've had a few people tell me that there's no way a sports fan could handle it! I just like that there's ONE day without tech - is there a day for sports people that doesn't feature . . sports??

    ::remembers her own father::

    No . . . no, there isn't . . .

    ReplyDelete